Thursday, December 12, 2013

Comment on classmate's blog

This is my comment on one of my classmate's blog about Children living in poverty

I read about this article days ago. It does hurt every resident here in TX and maybe the whole U.S when hearing about this fact. Children are the future of the country. Having them lived in the poverty is not what we want. I'm originally a Vietnamese. Thanks to that, I had some chances to visit that country several times with my family. I think there are a lot more children living in the poverty in Vietnam and other developing countries than in the U.S. They do not even get any help from the government. It is still better here where the government has much more responsibility with children than others. If they are not sent to school, it's their parents' problem. They are living in poverty, lacking of daily foods or whatever, it's the whole country's duty. I agree that raising the minimum is not the only way we can do, and also, it's not a main issue of all when the rate of unemployment of Texas is still high. And it is even harder when the employer has been cutting off their employee's hours or having them get laid off. For example that I'm single and having a job paid $9.00 an hr. With that money in a month, I have to pay all my bills and my own living expenses. I cannot imagine that if I have children, and what will happen to them if I get laid off?!? However, taking the government's side. They are a part of taking care of children from education to healthcare. Children can live in poverty but not stick with it. They still can be educated, taken care, and provided what they need when the government has an eye on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment